Friday, October 12, 2007

Soup Is Good Food

It's getting colder and for me, that means it's time for soup.

Canned soups are out of the question. Even many lower sodium soups still have more than 500mg per cup and they don't particularly taste good.

Here's one of my family's favorite. It's Bob's Red Mill Vegi Soup Mix.



It's so easy to make and it's incredibly delish, hearty and most importantly, low in sodium. It's 28 mg per half cup serving.

All you do is add one part mix, to four parts liquid. I add some fresh chopped onions, sliced carrots and Wyler's no-salt bouillion, chicken or beef flavor. Just bring it to a boil and lower the heat and simmer for about an hour, stirring occasionally until all of the ingredients are soft.

My mom used to make something similar with a big piece of flanken, but the way I make it you don't even need the meat.

Hope you'll give it a try. I love dishes where you just put everything in one pot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home