Wednesday, September 19, 2007

It's Been A While

Whoa!

I didn't realize I neglected this blog for so long.
Well I'm back.

Please check in to see what I've found.

I'll leave you with this for now:

Many food manufacturers have embraced the low-fat, no trans fat bandwagon, but still haven't addressed the high amount of sodium in their products. Even if the sodium is within daily dietary guidelines, items with 600 or more grams per serving is still too much for many salt-sensitive people.

In addition, some low-salt or no-salt items may have a lot of fat in them, so you've always got to read your labels to make the best choice.

This article by Leslie Beck of the Globe and Mail shows what to look for when buying frozen entrees.

Personally, I still think some of her recommendations are too high, but it is a slight improvement over what I've seen so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home